BODEN 8

Translate

Monday, June 10, 2013

Rick Toone | Luthier




Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Mats
Well. I really do not need to comment anything, apart from that is so good. No need to reply to something which I agree wholeheartedly to 100 percent.

Rick Toone
Thanks, Mats. I'm working on Part II. The questions are getting more challenging.
Dennis has a second career option if he wants it.

05Ric
Brilliant! can't wait for part II.

Robert Hecker
Hello, Mr. Toone:
Wonderful, encouraging words. The cookie-cutter thing is SO frustrating. I took woodshop in middle school, and created some strange non-functional instruments. My playing has progressed to a point (I was also a high school freshman in 1980) that I am marginally pleased with, but my ability to create something in three-dimension is still woefully inept. Artisanship has been almost completely irradicated in so many aspects of this modern life. I have been scouring the web for years looking up 'custom' guitars; one airbrushed strat after another. The thought never dawned upon me to look up 'ergonomic' guitars. Voila! Your site is awesome, some great links. You mention Philip Kubicki. I always thought his designs were beautiful, and was crushed that he did not build guitars. In general, it seems that the electric bass has experienced a more forward thinking trajectory and evolution than its six-string counterpart. Your instruments are stunning. I also like Becker Guitars. I have been perusing and reading. I love the art and the words. You are clearly a Master. I tip my hat to you.
kindness to the cosmos,
robert

Rick Toone
Robert — Many thanks. Glad to have you with us.
I would absolutely agree with your observations regarding the differences between guitar and bass in terms of "forward thinking trajectory." Incredibly ironic because bass is often the least visible/audible part of a band in most music.
I know from my own experiences the information I publish about bass often gets twice as much traffic/interest as thoughts I post about guitars.
Because of this divide, I'd guess most builders have decided to choose a side and stick with it — therein lies prosperity. Some of us however, are too restless (cursed) to remain in one place for long.
I find it helps me design better when I think about physics of many types of instruments.

Rick Toone
Someday, bloody someday.
;)

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.
Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment
The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.
As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.
Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.
Working...

Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

(You can use HTML tags like and
    to style your text. URLs automatically linked.)

Your Information
(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)




Rick Toone



Neck Profiles


  • TNP & IPNP

    Patented ergonomic profile technologies. Licensing required.

Tuning Systems


  • Nut

    Intonation adjustable.

  • Bridge

    Ultimate tone and sustain.

  • Tuner

    Precise headless tuning.





Total Pageviews

ShareThis

ANIMALS AS LEADERS

TOSIN ABASI MODEL 100 IBANEZ GUITAR.

pg

Look inside >
20 21
March 2010
Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered By Blogger
More blogs about TOSIN ABASI (1).
Add to Technorati Favorites
Google
\
Opinion

Add to My AOL